Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

See Dick and Jane

I'm a couple days into spring break now and I've gotten a good start on my quilt. I'm making a lap size Dick and Jane quilt for one of my co-workers. She's retiring from teaching after 30 years and collects Dick and Jane books. She's my mentor and I'm going to be so lost without her next year. Here's just a bit of the overall quilt.


Those spaces where you can see my lovely carpet, that's where blocks of another fabric are going to go. I bought the fabric and it is really white compared to the other blocks, so I've got to go buy the cream version (which is what I thought I bought in the first place) I'm sure I can work that yard into another quilt or baby project. However, what am I to do with these scraps?
This is what remains of the fabric I had to fussy cut. There are whole images remaining, but not enough space around them to use in the quilt. Some of the images are really close to the edge, not leaving a fourth of an inch, so I'm not exactly sure I could use them in another quilt, either. Any ideas as to what I could do? I'd hate to see this much fabric just sit in my scrap drawer unused.

I'm hoping to get to the quilt store this afternoon so I can work tomorrow on filling in those holes.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Love the quilt! It's going to be so cute.

Deb (vtquilter) said...

She is going to love that quilt!
Maybe use the leftovers as small squares or pieces in a scrappy quilt...

Michelle said...

Save them for appliques for gift bags, or other little applique projects. Do not waste them, do not waste them! Our little group just appliqued today. Check out my blog and see!