Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

14 Days and Counting

Today was the last workday until the end of the year. I was actually productive and got my lesson plans done for the 14 student days we technically have left. If you take off the field trips, track and field day, etc, it's even less. Don't get me wrong, I've loved working with my students this year, but they don't hold a candle to spending time with Ian every day.

Yesterday was quilting Sunday with my best friends. We quilt the first Sunday of every month. We spent more time this month planning our quilting trip through Iowa than actually quilting. I'm originally for NE Iowa, and so is Sara, one of the girls I quilt with. Her aunts own a quilt shop, so we're all headed up there in July, stopping at other quilt shops on the way there and back. Anyone know any must-see shops we should hit in Iowa? I got all the blocks cut and pieced for my quilt top, and now just need to sew it into rows and sew it together.

Ian's going to get spoiled this week. My mom is coming out tomorrow to watch him the rest of the week. His daycare provider had a death in the family and she's gone this week. Mom will leave this weekend, and Darrin's parents are coming down and staying until Tuesday, so the spoiling will just continue. It will actually be great having the extra help around home because these next two weeks are just crazy with after-work activities. Hopefully I'll be able to get the rows together by the end of the month.....

I finished reading a book this weekend: The Girl who Stopped Swimming. It had a few interesting connections to my life, such as the main character quilts (though she does art quilts) and her hubby is a computer programmer (just like mine). It had an interesting twist at the end that I didn't see coming at all.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Where will you be going in Iowa? I am from Iowa, but clear on the other side of the state, near the Illinois line.

Have fun this summer, and enjoy your family!

Connie said...

I will have to look for that book at the library--my DH is a computer guy, too! Sounds like it will be a good summer read!

Michele said...

Tag, you're it ;^)
http://barrels-of-monkeys.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged.html