Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Progress

I know it's been awhile. I made myself promise not to post until I made some serious progress on my quilt. I thought I could get it assembled faster than I did. I always seem to underestimate the length of time. I thought I could get the pinwheels done in a day... more like a couple months. I thought sewing the rows together would take two hours... more like five. The quilt's one row short (I need to make one more pinwheel block). I'm thinking a thin border in one of the pindots (red, orange, yellow, green, blue) and then a bigger piano key border. I was leaning towards a thin red border. Opinions?

Ian went back to his daycare provider for the first time today, but I don't think he was keen on that idea in the beginning. He was so used to getting spoiled by his grandparents and staying at home. He wasn't the only one getting spoiled. It was so nice having my mom here last week, and then spending a long weekend with Darrin's parents. They cooked meals, cleaned the house, got up early with Ian. It was like one long mother's day for me! Speaking of mother's day, Ian got me the Tenderness figurine from Willow Tree and Darrin promised me a date night. I think we've had maybe two of those in the 15 months Ian's been alive. Date night for us is dinner and a movie, and with movies as expensive as they are here, we don't go very often. Here are some favorite pictures from this past week.
Self-portrait of Ian and me

Ian with Grandpa Dan

Darrin and Ian


Ian with Lacey (he says "Sasey)

Hope everyone has been able to get out and enjoy the weather. Only 8 students days to go until Ian and I can enjoy them all summer long!

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What a great choice in fabrics! That quilt is adorable. 8 days and counting, huh? You're almost there....
Regina

Moneik said...

Your quilt is so cute! I'm sure you will enjoy your summer. I know I always counted the last few days of school when I was teaching.

vtquilter said...

Love the progress on the quilt. I know how you feel about how long we think it should take and the actual time to get it done. Enjoy your date night...I know how hard it is to have those with a little one. Ian is adorable and I am sure he enjoyed having time with his grandparents to spoil him.