Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

What a Day!

The weather here was perfect today. I spent the morning running errands, and the afternoon planting flowers. I don't have much of a green thumb. Most of the flowers I plant are perennial bushes (roses, lilacs) and bulbs (tulips, iris, callas) that I don't have to do anything to, or plan anything. Planting annuals in containers is another story. I've tried different combos over the years and have never found any I really like... until know. I don't know if it's all because they're pretty much the same color, or if it's because my planters are actually pretty full, but I like this year's planters.

We took Ian on a picnic this afternoon. We went to Chalco Hills, a place we'd never been before. It has a huge lake and lots of nature trails. Ian was so cute. We didn't think to bring something for him to sit on, and I was worried Darrin wouldn't get to enjoy his food because he would have to hold Ian. Turns out, Ian can handle sitting at the table just fine. To me, the cutest part was watching him swing his feet back and forth.


After we were done eating, Ian had blast playing on the slide. But the neatest part was the nature walk. Darrin and I are used to seeing deer because of where we grew up, but it was so weird to be walking down the path and have one less than 25 yards away. It never moved no matter how much Ian talked or we took pictures of it. They're so used to having people there.


I hope you all had time to get out and enjoy the weather. I can't wait for another day like this one.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT DAY. Your flowers are very pretty, and I just love Ian's chubby little legs! They look so huggable! Enjoy his babyhood.
Michelle