Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quilt Top Finished...

but I'm not sure about the border. I love the red and piano keys, but I'm not sure about the pinwheels in the corner. I think maybe I should have extended the red to completely frame the quilt. Luckily, it can still be changed. Darrin says I'm being too picky though and that it looks good. What's your opinion?

a) leave it as is
b) replace the corner pinwheels so that the red border goes all the way through and make smaller pinwheels to line up with the piano keys.
c) extend the red and piano keys in place of the pinwheel
d) extend the red and then match a fussy cut Dick/Jane square to line up with the keys
e) suggestions

I don't have enough fabric to completely get rid of the red and piano keys (which are the part I don't mind too much, although I think the red should have been one of the blues, but hindsight is 20/20). I have scraps of the big D/J fabric, the smaller fabric, the ABCs, and a bit of each of the dot fabric. Ideas? Suggestions? or am I just being too picky?

10 comments:

Beth said...

I like it as is! Why put yourself thru anymore work...hehehe.....quilt it up and git r dun!

jillquilts said...

I think option C or D. It does look a little strange to have the red not extend all the way around, but I think that smaller pinwheels could look odd by not matching the rest of the pinwheels in the quilt. Although, it does look good the way that it is. Good job on the finish!

Regina said...

My vote is leave it as is- I like the bit of a change up in the red not going all the way around - it makes the quilt a bit different and really shows off the entire thing as YOURS!!

Great job! I like it!

Amelia said...

I vote for C... if you are going to make changes. It is your creation and you have the artist privilege to do what ever you wish.

Have a fun week by laughing alot.

Amelia

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I think it's perfect just like it is! What a great quilt!
Regina

Michelle said...

I choose option F. Do what your heart tells you. What do YOU want to do. Trust your heart and go with it. Congratulations on finishing it. It looks GREAT!
Michelle

Gina said...

I love it as it is. You could always bind it in red if you want red all the way round.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Suzan said...

OK - since you asked...I like the "c" option best. I think the piano key border alone sets off the blocks inside the red "frame".

vtquilter said...

Hmmm.... I agree, do what your heart tells you. Personally, I would probably do c, extend the red to frame and I love the piano keys..... although once I get things sewn... I tend to leave it and just call it 'unique'! Great job on the quilt. It came out great.

Moneik said...

I love it the way it is, but if you don't like the pin wheels you could put fussy cut squares in the corners. It's a cute quilt and any way you choose to finish it, will make it special.