Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Zoo Trip

Since we have a family membership at the Henry Doorly Zoo, I try to take Ian once a week in the mornings. This week I was lucky enough to have Marlena and Noah's digital SLR camera with me. Darrin and I have been thinking of getting one, so they've been gracious enough to let us play around with theirs. I love how quickly it snaps photos and the control I have over those photos. It's convinced Darrin and I to get one. Here's a few shots from today's trip.
Ian's favorite animals are the monkeys, and we see a lot of them at the zoo. He's gotten so good that I don't have to point them out any more, he just says, "Ooo-ooo-ooo." We watched these two monkeys fighting in the trees for quite a while.
He groups the gorillas right in with the monkey group, and so the gorilla house is another favorite. It must have been nap time, though, as every gorilla was asleep, or at least chillin'.

Another part Ian loves is the aquarium. It has a tunnel you walk through that is surrounded by fish, sharks, turtles, and rays. Here's Ian checking out the ray that came by.

I got this shot of a turtle, which I don't think would have been possible with just my point-and-shoot camera. His face came out a bit blurry, but I love the blue coloring and how light it was without a flash. I can't wait to learn how to actually use the camera.
With hot temps, Ian's water was never very far from him (until he continually threw it on the ground and I had to confiscate it.)

We saw a few more things at the zoo- the cat house, the bears, elephants, and rhinos, and while Ian likes those, he doesn't stare for hours and ask to get out of his 'car' like he does the aquarium, jungle, and gorilla house. I, however, think I could stare at this all day long:

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Your little one is really growing. I bet he really enjoys the zoo.

Have a fun time and giggle...