Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bliss is when...

your son, who is normally up shortly after 6 in the morning, sleeps in until 9!

That's how Saturday started, and it was fantastic. I can't remember the last time I got to sleep in that late since Ian's been on a regular sleeping schedule.

Saturday continued its blissfulness, as Darrin hung out with Ian and I got to go back-to-school shopping for myself. I'm not a big shopper; I do it at this time of year and Christmas. It was actually enjoyable this time. Most clothes I tried actually fit really well.

Then, what's better than having your hubby make homemade pizza for dinner. Ian really enjoyed it.
Ian enjoyed even more the frozen yogurt we got at TCBY for dessert later that night. He wore his cowboy outfit for the first time, and it actually didn't get completely covered in yogurt.

The weather has been perfect this weekend. We took Ian on lots of walks, and then spent today playing in the water. First, he helped me wash my car.


And then he had a blast playing in the yard sprinklers.

Got caught up on some things around the house I was behind on, so not really any quilting or scrapbooking this weekend. The kids show up at school tomorrow. It brings more routine back into my life, but more stress and work, too. Can't wait to see what this school year holds.

2 comments:

Moneik said...

Hope you have a great school year. I'm sure you'll be busy.

Amelia said...

He is such a cutie...