Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's Shaping Up to be a Great Weekend

Reason #1: I stopped by a sewing store a couple weeks ago looking for thread, and on a whim inquired about the machines sitting there. Came back and talked to some of the Online Prolific Quilters, and now I really want a new machine. The hold-up, I made Darrin bet me (back in April), that I have to lose x-number pounds before I could get a new machine. The trip to the quilting store and this talk has helped motivate me, and I stepped on the Wii-Fit tonight (because who needs a scale when you have a balance board), and I only have FOUR pounds to go until a new machine. I was shocked to see it so low! I can do four pounds!

Reason #2: I WON! Regina had a giveaway for her 300th post, a game much like The Price is Right, and I won. Amazing!

Reason #3: Tomorrow I'm scrapbooking with Marlena at Archiver's all night long. I love having plans to be productive, because without plans, I tend to be lazy. My goal is to get 3 pages done from before Ian's first birthday.

Reason #4: Saturday is quilting day. See above reason about having plans. Plus, it's just fun hanging out with the girls. We're quilting at my house, which means Ian will be popping in seeing what we're doing, and that leads to lots of fun, too.

So, it's looking to be a good weekend. I'll get back to you on how it actually all turns out.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Well done on the weight loss and good luck with the machine hunting.
Enjoy the weekend

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Bethany said...

I say buy the machine, put it on your table but don't open it until you lose the weight. Great incentive.

Okay..open it when no one is looking and put it back in the box before someone finds out. LOL

Can't wait to see what you pick out.