Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, 2009 has arrived. I actually don't look forward to New Year's as it means my days of staying home with Ian will be over soon as I return to school. It's the same with Fourth of July- summer is half over when it arrives. We did have a good time at our New Year's Eve "party". Marlena and Noah came over. They were gracious enough to bring dinner, as we had just gotten home that afternoon from spending a week back in Iowa (recap of that to come). Marlena and I scrapbooked in the new year. I began working on an alphabet scrapbook for Ian. It has pictures of him doing something or with something for each letter (i.e. E is for Eat, H is for Hat). I've got a few pages done and it's turning out really cute. I can't wait for it to be finished and have him look at it.

As for my goals this year:
  • Family: We do a great job of capturing moments on our camera, but I want to do a better job this year of capturing Ian on video. I also want to go on more dates with my hubby. As for extended family, I want to do a better job sending pictures and cards to my grandparents.
  • Health: stop drinking pop and start drinking water, reduce my snacking, and be more active.
  • Quilting: Complete all the "small" stuff I bought on the Iowa shop hop trip, learn how to hand quilt, and make the tree skirt I've been meaning to make the last 5 years.
  • Scrapbooking: Complete Ian's 1st and 2nd year albums.
We'll see how that all turns out I guess. Hopefully I'll stick to them more than in years past since I've written them down.

No comments: