Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sense of accomplishment

What a productive weekend. Quilt day was Saturday, and even though we didn't get started until noon, I feel like I made GREAT progress and actually accomplished something. I got the front of my March wallhanging done- it just needs to be sandwiched and quilted, and that shouldn't take too long. It may get pushed to the backburner, though, as the end is in sight for the Ocean Waves blocks. I've been working on this quilt for too long, and it keeps getting set aside because I get fed up with how the blocks are going together. Not this time, though. The blocks were going together beautifully. I only have 2 green blocks and 5 purple blocks left. I feel like finishing them up while things are still going well or I may jinx it. My goal is to get them done by the end of the week.

Earlier in the week I finished up the March BOM for guild. I believe it's called Amish Rose.
We had everyone over on Friday as usual. It was nearly 60 outside, so we grilled brats- Yum! I finished up a scrapbook page on how Ian loves to run crazy in the house.


This last week at school was teacher-appreciation week. As always, our support staff and administration went out of their way to make the week special. On Tuesday we got an extra-long lunch with food donated by a student's family; Thursday Old Chicago donated pizzas, and on Friday we had the biggest breakfast buffet I had ever seen. Also, our principal let us leave early one day of the week. I used my early leave to FINALLY get my haircut (the last time I had it cut was in August). It's super short for me, but everyone says it looks great, and I'm starting to actually believe them.

Off to work on those quilt squares...

No comments: