Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring has Arrived

The weather turned very warm this weekend, and we took full advantage of it. I cleaned out my flower beds and had three of my crocus open today. We played outside a lot, too. Ian broke in his t-ball set he got for his birthday. We told him to use two hands so often that eventually every time he would grab the bat, he would tell himself, "Use two hands." He would grip it with two hands, but usually hold the bat upside down. I think next we have to work on, "Keep your eyes on the ball."
Here's an exert from our weekend:
Me: Ian, what are you doing? (he's around the corner and I can't see him)
Ian: Pooping
Me: Want to go potty?
Ian: Nope
Oh, I can't wait for him to be ready for that. I'm sick of poopy diapers.


With the temperature warming up, our thoughts turn towards summer vacation. This year we're planning a road trip through Missouri with Marlena and Noah. We just have to figure out when we're going, what we're going to do, where we're going to stay... I'm also trying to plan a quilting weekend back home for all my family and friends. I'd like to do it at a place we could sleep, eat, and sew. Trying to locate a place that we will all fit without being too expensive is harder than I thought it would be.

I got time to quilt this weekend and got the center squares done for Shadow Play. Once I got the center laid out I started sewing the rows together. Got three squares into it and got frustrated with how my seams are lining up. I think it was telling me to finish up other things on my March To-Do list instead of working on it. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I won't have too much time to work on the list until this weekend. We have parent-teacher conferences tomorrow and Thursday, so no nights at home until Friday. Hopefully I'll have some progress to post.

1 comment:

Moneik said...

I'm sure you had lots of fun on the nice weekend. We had 70 degrees on the weekend and a blizzard Mon/Tues.