Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Two Weeks In...

and I'm completely exhausted. It could be that I'm still in my first trimester, and apparently it's normal to be exhausted. Or, more than likely, it's because the past two weeks have been the first of the school year, one of teacher preparation and one with students. Getting ready to teach the students is more work than actually teaching them. Plus, it's way more invigorating to interact with them instead of get my classroom ready and figure out my schedule and plans. Today was my first day teaching, and we're off to a great start. My students are the exact same ones I had last year (benefit of being a special ed teacher), so we picked up right where we left off. They're a great group of kids.

Unfortunately, all this focus and energy on work has meant little energy for quilting or scrapbooking. The weather was too beautiful on Saturday to waste the day catching up on sleep, though, so we took a family trip to the zoo. I love going to the zoo as a family. Darrin's there to help me with Ian (he's getting too heavy for me to lift up), but more than that, I love watching Ian and Darrin interact.

He held him up so he could feed the koi fish:

He got down on his level to watch the giraffe:

He helped him across the rope bridge:



He hoisted him up onto the rhino:


And he held him through the butterfly house so I could snap lots of pictures of the butterflies (just one of many) :

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Looks like you had a great time at the zoo! You are so lucky to have one near by. Love the family time. Good luck at school. The first few weeks are exhausting!

vtquilter said...

Congrats! Hope the tiredness goes away for you for the next trimester. Hang in there.

Jennifer said...

Oh, it has been a long time since I visited your blog...Ian is growing up even more...starting to lose his baby face! Can't wait to see when he decides the new baby to be needs lipstick! Hope the tiredness wears off soon...mine lasted much longer in the 2nd pregnancy!