Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally

A Saturday with no plans and rainy weather. I love days like this. I've sworn off cleaning today (not sure how that's different than other days), but I'm looking to be productive in other areas. My goal for today is:

* Fix the faucet that's been dripping for three months at least.
2:30: Woo-hoo no more drips. Thanks to Google, Home Depot, and my hubby (who did all the work) the faucet is fixed. Let our water bill return to normal!

*Play cars with Ian, since he's grabbing the computer away from me to get me to play.
Played right away following the post, and then Sara came over and he forgot all about playing with mom. I had the rest of the day to work on my to-do list. The fact he took a 3 hour nap really helped.

*Read my library book. It's "The Lost Quilter" and those books are usually a quick read for me.
10:30 took longer to read than I expected (interrupted by grocery shopping, dinner, Home Depot), but it was a good read. A lot better than the other Elm Creek books have been lately.

*Make the latest recipe on Smitten: Cheesecake-swirled brownies
3:30: in the oven- only 35 minutes to go until I can try one!
8:30: after eating two, one fresh from the oven and one from the fridge, I've concluded they taste fantastic cold. Almost like a cheesecake-brownie fudge. MMMMMM, great recipe and very easy to make.

*Make a lot of progress on Moneik's prize for my 100th post. I haven't forgotten, just haven't had time to quilt.
I didn't get to this on Saturday, but I'm hoping to get my lesson plans done while Ian's napping today, and work on this while watching the Packers beat the Bears. Go Pack!

Sorry it's a pretty boring post for most, but if I post on here, I figure someone might hold me accountable, so I actually have to work on them. Hopefully I'll be able to update some progress tonight. Off to build a choo-choo track...

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a fun day planned. I worked, but I'm off tomorrow and it's supposed to rain!