Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ian Have Great Day

Okay, I know it's not grammatically correct, but it's how Ian talks. When I picked up Ian at day care tonight, they were all playing outside. As always, I asked how Ian's day was, and she said, "Another great day." Then she told me that a few minutes ago, Ian sat down by Sydney and said, "How's it going Sydney?" She responded, and Ian replied, "I have GREAT day at Angie's." It cracked me up just picturing two 2-year-olds carrying on a conversation like that.

Those words are music to Darrin and my ears. So many times last year when we picked him up, we got, "Ian was in time out a lot today for hitting." So far, in the almost 4 weeks he's been there, he's only been in timeout 4 times. It's a miracle if you ask me. I don't know what the reason for it is, but I'm sure thankful it's happening (and hopeful this post doesn't jinx it!).

Now, if we could just fix his morning response. Our mornings are usually full of lots of crying and big tears because, "I can't want to go to Angie's." I have no idea why, because he doesn't cling when we drop him off, and he always seems to have lots of fun while he's there. I'm hoping he's just having trouble adjusting after spending all summer home with me. Otherwise, this is going to be one long school year.

No comments: