Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Early Easter Weekend

My in-laws brought Ian back this weekend and he ran straight to Annaliese in her chair to give her a kiss. Guess he missed his sister. I'm so glad they came this weekend, because I was sick, and it helped so much having them here. They all went out Friday night to Red Lobster. Darrin said the waitress commented on Ian's long eyelashes. I hope Annaliese are long like his; otherwise it would be such a crime for the boy to have longer eyelashes than the girl. She also asked Ian what his name was and he said, "Racecar!" He's crazy about the movie Cars and runs around our house "vrooming" like McQueen, and usually asks whoever is available to either be Mater or King and race with him, or be the combine and chase him. It's exhausting!

On Saturday, I was feeling a bit better, and my mood improved even more when the mailman slipped a package between our doors. I was shocked to find a package from my blogging friend Moneik, who makes more quilts in a month than I get done in a year. She's amazing. I admired this quilt as she was blogging about it, and can't believe that I'm, well, Annaliese, is the lucky recipient of it. It's gorgeous and we both love it. Thanks Moneik!


We also celebrated Easter this weekend because my in-laws were visiting, and we'll be with my family next weekend. We dyed eggs in the morning (Cars themed, of course). We told Ian to be careful when putting the eggs in the dye, not to drop them, so he ended up getting his fingers very colored as he would get his fingers in the water.


He had a great time hunting after his nap. He was much faster about hunting this year than last year. The Easter bunny will have to find some harder hiding places next year I guess.Annaliese was too tuckered out to help with the hunting, though.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

So glad you liked the quilt. When I was making it I just kept thinking of you and Annaliese. I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Cindy said...

What a fun sounding weekend. I love the pictures of the Easter egg hunt. Next weekend Jen and I have a milk bone hunt for the dogs so we'll see how well Maggie does this year.

I'm so happy Moneiks quilt went to you it is so very pretty.

Jen said...

Teee heee I had a hard time containing myself! I knew from the get go it was for Annaliese. I giggled every time you said how much you liked it!

Jennifer said...

How lucky you are to receive a quilt from Moneik, and it is perfect for a little girl! The egg hunt looks like it was a blast! We're looking forward to one this weekend with the cousins.