Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's A Girl!

Annaliese Kay joined our family at 7:43 pm Monday, March 1, 2010. She was bigger than her brother, weighing in at 8 pounds 14 ounces and 21 inches long.

I had the pleasure of having my water break while at work yesterday morning. Luckily, I didn't have students in the room, as I was en route to get my next group. Even more luckily was the fact it was just a trickle at work and didn't decide to gush until I was four steps inside the hospital lobby. They brought over a wheel chair really fast after that happened.

The delivery was very fast compared to Ian. About 8 hours of actual hospital time before she arrived. I got an epidural about 2:00, they hooked me up to pitocin around 5:00, and within 2.5 hours I went from 3 cm to holding her in my arms.

I still can't believe we have a daughter. It's so weird saying "she" and "her".



6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Congrats! She's beautiful. I am so happy for all of you!

Moneik said...

Congrats Colleen! I'm so excited for you and your new little girl. Another quilter is born!

Suzan said...

Congratulations to all!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your new addition. She's just beautiful and I'm so happy for all of you.

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful little girl you've been blessed with. Best wishes to the whole family!

Michele said...

Aw, she's beautiful! (and big babies are easier. Sleep better, etc.)