Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

While the girls are away...

the boys will play. Annaliese and I took a road trip with my friend Meeghan and her daughter to Souix City yesterday to watch our co-worker Kayla get married. I have never known anyone with a bigger, kinder heart than Kayla, and the wedding was completely "her". While we were there, Darrin and Ian stayed in Omaha and went to Fun Plex for Darrin's company picnic. Fun Plex is like a permanent carnival or very tiny amusement park. It has water attractions, too, but you wouldn't know that looking at the pictures- Ian refused to go on any of them.

But Ian sure did LOVE the kiddie rides. And the go-karts, which he and Darrin rode in together. They also went on a balloon ferris wheel (little kid size). As they got stopped at the top, Darrin teasingly told Ian, "Oh no, we'll have to jump." Ian responded, "Don't worry Daddy, I can fly. See my wings. You just hold on to me." Ian has been on a kick this past week where he no longer answers to Ian, but is instead going by the name Buzz Lightyear, and he hasn't even seen the 3rd movie yet!




Airplane ride at FunPlex

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Looks like the boys had a great time! Ian... I mean Buzz seems to really be enjoying himself.