Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tomorrow Ian's Life Changes

Tomorrow Ian starts preschool at a day care center here in Omaha (and Tuesday, I start a new job and Annaliese goes to day care). He's SUPER excited. When tucking him in tonight and telling him he gets to go, he asked, "And stay all day?" The other times we've gone have just been to tour and register him. He can't wait to paint there; it's all he talks about. I'm not entirely ready for this milestone, but I can't wait to see what he'll learn there.

We were asked to fill out an "All About Me" sheet for him, and I'm stuck on this question: "The best part of me is..." Now from my perspective as his mom, the best part of him is that he's a loving, good kid, but is that what you write on the sheet of paper that introduces him to his class? Or do I write something that his classmates will care about (I know, I'm over-thinking this, but those of you who know me really well know it's what I do).

So how would you answer that question?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats to Ian on starting a new chapter (tell him Jenna starts kindergarten tomorrow too!) and hope all goes well for you and Annaliese. I think you could fit in what you want to say in a way that will appeal to his class, like the best thing is that he's a great big brother and loves his little sister!

Deb said...

When I think of Ian, I think inquisitive and anxious to learn everything NOW. He is also so sweet and loving, he has a big heart. Good luck with your new job and Ian's new found independence in school and with your Annaliese going to day care. Love you Aunt Debbie