Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fun in the Leaves

I love this time of year. It's perfect weather outside and there's so much to do. Today we tackled the leaves in the yard. Granted the trees are still 50% full of leaves, but it was too nice of a day not to do something outside. It was Annaliese's first time experiencing the leaf pile, and she wasn't very keen on it. Ian, however, had a BLAST. I think I snapped 100 pictures of our time outside. And Ian was so creative out there. It is so neat to see him pretending. Ian may have something against the feeling of slimy stuff on his hands, and so I was worried how he'd be towards the texture of the leaves, but he absolutely loved playing in them. My normally timid boy was no where to be found. Instead he was running full speed into the leaves, chasing Darrin to throw them at him, and allowing himself to be almost completely covered by them. Thank goodness dinner wasn't ready as early as I expected, or we may have had trouble getting Ian inside! Here's just a few of the pictures I shot.

Annaliese's first time in the leaves

What's Up?!

Sliding into the leaves

Racing Darrin

Throwing up some leaves

Surrounded by leaves

My loves

I want that camera!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the look on her face in the first picture! Looks like a day of pure exhilaration for Ian - how fun!

Moneik said...

Looks like a great day was had by all. It's so fun to see kids explore and learn new things.