Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Ian!

My little man is four today. I can't believe he's that old already. I still catch myself thinking of him like this:
"birth" day boy

But he's not.

He's my little man who sets the table and throws fits about what's for supper.

He's my little man who loves to play catch and pillow fights.

He's my little man who reads books to himself after we give good night hugs and kisses.

He's my little man whose voice rises an octave when he talks to his sister, and rushes to her side to give hugs and kisses.

He's my little man who watches movies with a blanket in his lap, because one minute he could be laughing and the next scared and want to hide his eyes.

He's my little man who takes cupcakes to preschool for his birthday, and celebrates when there's some left to eat at home, too.
4th Birthday

Happy Birthday Ian. I'm so very glad you're in our life. You bring us such joy. Can't wait to see all that you'll discover this year!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Ian it's been fun watching you grow.

Stephanie said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday to my favorite nephew!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Ian!

Debbie said...

I always look forward to your pictures and comments. I love your written tribute to Ian it is beautiful. We too are looking forward to another year and the discoveries he will make. Love you