Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

First finish of 2011

A wall-hanging for Walter's baptism. A week before, I drew up my thoughts. The day of, the top was done, but not the embroidery. The week after, the quilting was done. Two months after, the binding and hanging sleeve are done. Pretty good for me to only be two months late with something. Very rarely does what I envision (whether it be quilting, scrapbooking, cooking, anything) turn out as I envisioned it, but this is pretty darn close. Each block is 1 in finished. I tried taking about 10 different pictures (having waited a few days for the sun to actually appear) to try and capture how much the metallic thread sparkles, but my photo skills are apparently not great enough to do so. If you click on the picture, you can see the metallic thread a bit better.

Walter's Baptism Wall hanging

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It looks great - congrats on your first finish of the year!