Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend began early for me with a Mother's Day party at Ian's preschool. There we had cupcakes and punch. I opened a gift Ian made me, a painted flowerpot, and then planted flowers they had for us to plant.
My Mother's Day Gift

On Saturday we planted our gardens. Behind our house, in a flower bed I've never used, we planted tomatoes and peppers. I'm curious to see how well that will work out. We met Marlena and Noah later on at the church plot to plant the rest of the loot (zucchini, sweet potatoes, peas, beans, onions, broccoli, and lettuce). Annaliese and Walter did a great job entertaining themselves on their blankets. Marlena pointed out how some may think it's interesting that Annaliese had a blue blanket and Walter a pink one. We were just glad they brought toys, as we weren't that prepared...
The Garden Crew
Planting Onions
Annaliese and Walter
Ready for the Sun

The actual Mother's Day wasn't that much different than any other day. Darrin gave me tickets to see Wicked. Aside from the flower from Ian's preschool, I got another flower from Sunday School, painted hand prints with poems from both of their day cares, and a plaster hand print of Ian from Sunday school.
Mother's Day Loot

It was National Scrapbooking Day on Saturday, and I finished my first scrapbooking page since... November, or possibly even before that. I ended up making three pages, and now I'm on a roll and don't want to stop.
Toes Layout
Cherry Cute Layout
Interview with Ian Layout
This one about Ian is an interview I did with him. If you want to read, click the imagine. In Flickr, go to actions> all sizes. You'll be able to read it. Some of them are quite funny.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I didn't think Ian could get any cuter, but his interview is hilarious and adorable!

And the picture of Annaliese with her hat, sunglasses, sippy and her little belly hanging out is SO cute!