Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Quilt Retreat 2011

Another great retreat has come to an end.  We had a great time at LouAnn's quilt garden quilting, chatting, playing BINGO, eating, and sharing.  My friend Sara is moving back to NE Iowa, so it was great to get some last days sewing in with her.  Oh how I will miss her input- she is my go-to person for color.  I gave her such a hard time about leaving, though, but I wish her only the best. Walter joined us for the retreat and he did such a great job entertaining himself so his mommy could get some sewing done.
Retreat crew

I worked, finally, on a tree skirt pattern that I've had for 7 years.  As the previous post showed, I opted not to go with any green and red, as I was seeking input on, but an all neutral one.  When I left on Sunday, I had all three dark diamonds done and one light.  I can't wait to get back to Omaha and finish the others.  It better be under the tree this year! Here is half the tree skirt:
Half the tree skirt

I also made myself another Lazy Girl Runaround Bag. I've made a new one every summer and use it as my purse for the whole year.
New Purse

Before the retreat started, I got my two blocks for the June Friendship Block Exchange in the mail. This one is for Gaila and comes from quilter's cache:
Gaila's Block

The second is for Jen and she designed it herself.
Jen's Block

This month it is my turn to get blocks. I can't wait to see them all!

No comments: