Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Doerscher Christmas

After we opened gifts at our house, cleaned up, and ate breakfast, we loaded up the car and headed to Davenport for Christmas with my dad's side of the family.  We usually do just extended family at that time, but this year, because of scheduling, we had to open presents from my parents and sister there as well.  

Annaliese and Ian with their large grill from Aunt Cara and Uncle Shawn

Annaliese with her pots and pans. They've already been put to use in the play kitchen.

Ian excited for the police car that goes with his rescue squad set.

Christmas book from grandma and grandpa- both the regular and the greats.  We got two books, perfect for two kids who love to read, because now they won't fight over it!

Guess Who from Cara and Shawn.  After only 4 or 5 games, I was surprised at how well Ian was asking the questions and understanding my responses to know which tiles to knock down.  As someone who grew up playing the game, love the addition of the pets side, much harder than the people to narrow down options.
Oliver and the wooden blocks we gave him.

CLOTHES!  Most likely Annaliese's favorite gift, she carried them around with her and wanted to change into them.

My sister and I attempting to put together Oliver's present.

Oliver's firehouse car ramp is all together and the kids had a blast sending the cars Ian got down the slide.  

It was great sharing the Christmas with our extended family.  I gave my parents a photo album with pictures of my dad and his siblings when they were little and everyone enjoyed looking through them and sharing stories, and I so enjoyed hearing them.   Thanks again, everyone for the gifts, the kids (and Darrin and I) love them and have already played with most of them!

No comments: