Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

End-of-the-year Craftiness and New Year Plans

I forgot to post at the end of November, so here's what I was spending my free time doing in November and December (when I wasn't spending it on the computer).

My Hero Man.  The layout was one of the classes at CK Scrap and Play, so all I had to do was find pictures to go with it.  These of Ian and his 'sword' worked perfectly.  He called himself Hero Man.  I finished the layout for a challenge on Club CK that involved using at least 3 different fonts in the title.

Meeting You for Annaliese's book. I have pictures printed to make basically the same layout, but for Ian's book.  I so love looking back at these pictures and remembering how Ian was the first time he met Annaliese.  This was for a challenge on CK to use punctuation as an embellishment.  I used periods in the bottom left corner and around the journaling.
Maple Leaf block for Linda in the Friendship Block Exchange. It was only a month late...


There would be a total of 36 half-square triangles for Jen in the Friendship Block Exchange
That's me showing my calf Beatrice in the Kiddie Calf Show at the Clayton County Fair.  This was for a challenge to scrap pictures more than 10 years old.  It was fun to scrap some from my childhood; I need to do more of that.

The colors look terrible in this photo (I need to get my layouts done earlier to get photos in the sunlight).  These are photo attempts to get a good family picture shortly after Annaliese was born, but the three that should be were never all looking at the camera at the same time.  Challenge was to display pictures as if they were in a film strip.
My Mother-in-law opening the Kindle Fire cover I made her (made myself one, too).  Basically figured the design out completely on my own; pretty proud of how it turned out.
Baby Bliss was finished just shy of the new year. It tells the story of Darrin and I holding Annaliese for the first time.  This was for two challenges- use an emotion in the title and use three different inspirations from the magazine. I LOVE this layout!
You can add to the craft list the costumes I made for the dress-up box, but that was about it. And I'm sure you noticed if you read all the captions that most of my layouts are for challenges, but without those pushing me to finish a page, I know I wouldn't get as many layouts done.

Things may change a bit in the new year. Instead of making a New Year's resolution, I'm focused on monthly goals (off to the right on the blog).  If you talk to me often or see me online, help remind me to get them done. A lot of times during 2011 I was having an internal conflict between whether I should quilt or scrap.  I think I've made peace with myself, basically giving myself permission to focus more on scrapbooking than quilting, so be prepared to see more of that in the new year.  It's the first day of 2012, and I can't wait to share with you all the things we'll do this year!

No comments: