Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homemade Honey Wheat Rolls

This morning, just a few minutes before I looked up at the clock and realized Ian had swimming lessons in less than 10 minutes, I was busy throwing the ingredients for beef stew into the crock pot.  Upon return from swimming lessons, I realized that I wanted to have some bread with the stew for supper.  I was looking for something along the lines of our favorite crusty rolls we get at Hy-Vee and bake for a few minutes in the oven. I didn't find a recipe like that, but what I did find was a delicious, slightly sweet, fluffy roll that I will be making again and again. 

If it isn't obvious, I have a lot to work on in the aesthetics department, but they tasted divine. 
I was going to type the whole recipe, but really, all I changed from adorkable's recipe on tastykitchen was that I substituted two cups of the flour with whole wheat flour.  You MUST try these.

And here's a shot of Ian at his first day of swimming lessons since July.  He was right back in the water like he never left.

No comments: