Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

February Accomplishments

Growth chart for Walter... intended as a birth gift, given as a 18-month-ish gift

Tale of a Tree tells the story of going with my parents to pick out and tag a tree at Halloween, cutting it down and decorating it at Thanksgiving, and opening the presents that were under it at Christmas.  Created for an issue challenge on Club CK to incorporate a calendar on a layout. 

One for Annaliese's book!  Her first trip to the pumpkin patch. She had so much fun taking in everything, she fell asleep before we left.  Created for a challenge to alter stickers (I added stitching to mine to replicate a vine).  I got to use some brand new paper on this one from My Mind's Eye.  Layout inspired by a layout by Allison Davis.

More brand new paper usage, this time Echo Park.  Story of the first pumpkin carving party Marlena and Noah ever hosted. Just so happened to coincide with Ian's first Halloween.  Layout inspired by page 24 of the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.

One of my own creation of the presents at Ian's first birthday (really trying to get his baby book done!).  The present opens up to reveal the journaling.

Another one for Ian's baby book of him and me.  The challenge for this one was to incorporate a digital element, which would be the motherhood subway art from here.  The image was based on this layout from the simple stories blog which I pinned. 

I had hoped to get more pages done for Ian's baby book, really lofty goals of actually finishing it, but I had some birthdays to celebrate.  This month brings spring break (Alleluia!), but instead of spending it scrapping or sewing (which I really need to start doing more of), I have a lot of home projects I'm going to try to get done while the kids are at day care.  Crazy to think there's only 10 weeks left of the school year.

No comments: