Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Recent Layouts

So I know I haven't posted lots of scrapbook layouts- most of you come here to see updates on the kids, not my crafty adventures- but you'll probably see more layouts on here in the future.  I'm going to be designing layouts for a scrapbooking blog, but I can't say where yet :)  Here are some of the recent layouts. I'm feeling a bit bad Annaliese is being neglected, but I'm trying very hard to get Ian's first year of life documented. I actually have completed his 0-6th month album finally.  Hopefully with get the 6-12 done soon.  All of the layouts were created for the issue challenge Erika hosts over on Club CK.  Without those, I know I wouldn't get many layouts done a week. 


Three Months (yes, it's missing an s. It wasn't when I made it...).  These were taken at Sears for Ian's 3-month birthday, over the course of three different days on Mother's day weekend.  We would get a few shots, but then he would fuss and fuss and we were never able to get him calmed down enough to get pictures taken again that day.  The entire layout uses the line Prairie Hill from Pink Paislee.  I created the flower in the top corner by cutting apart the different diamonds on a piece of paper. The 'weave' effect at the bottom was created by cutting apart a chevron pattern, and cutting the tops flat.Created for the challenge to scrap baby pictures (good thing I'm so far behind with both of them).


Sky High was created for a challenge to use the color scheme grey, white, and yellow. I had the concept for this page in my head for a few days and really liked it, but when I got it on the paper, it looked a bit drab.  The pop of blue was perfect.  The patterned paper is MME On the Bright Side.  I love these pictures of Ian. I remember it being such a fun day outside. 


Love My Boy- I saw this idea in the gallery at Club CK-  I totally lifted it from Heather.  The various MME paper strips are all cut 1/4 or 1/2 inch (my memory fails me...) and just taped on down to the background paper. It makes for such a fun background.  I didn't have much to say about this photo, which is weird because journaling is one of the most important things to me. The journaling for this is written on the green dot strip below the picture, as the challenge was to incorporate the journaling in an element.

 2 Tired Boys- I remember walking into the basement and finding the boys asleep like this, flabbergasted at how Ian could sleep in that position.  This is a really bright page, which I found a bit ironic given the subdued, sleepy content.  The challenge was to create a circle embellishment, which I somehow translated into incorporating as many circles as possible.  I've had this paper in my stack for 5 years, so it was great to finally use it.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You are such a talented lady. I do not know how you get so much done with those active kids of yours. We love seeing all of your pictures.io