Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Recent Layouts

As I was getting ready this morning and thinking through my day, I told myself after supper I would clean my scrapbook area and post before/after pictures on my blog, along with some of the recent layouts that caused it to be so messy.  Well, as things would turn out, I got a phone call after supper and then had to finish up some work I didn't get done at the office, so the cleaning didn't happen (yes, I could be doing it now, but Darrin's watching a show I don't care for at all...).  So, you'll just have to settle for some recent layouts. The surprising thing about these layouts is that they're actually from this year, too.  I'm still way behind, but I'm trying to keep current as well...


First Day of Kindergarten
This one's pretty self explanatory. I had it scrapped within two days of taking the picture.  I got the idea for the writing on the chalkboard from Pinterest.  The inspiration for this layout came from the Issue Challenge at Club CK to incorporate a clock in your layout. I thought it worked well, as this layout marks a new passage of time.





Fort Mackinac
This one, while it may look fairly simple, was time intensive.  The Issue Challenge for this was to cut up a piece of patterned paper and also to outline with pen.  The checkerboard on the background was a solid piece of plaid paper that I cut apart into squares and put on the background.  I love how it turned out.  The layout of this is based on a Scrapbook Generation sketch.  So glad I was able to add the pamphlet, too.

Lake Superior
If you're my friend on FB, you've seen this already.  Very rarely do I post my layouts on FB, but I loved this one so much I had to share. I love the composition of the photo, the sun burst, and the tone of colors.  I think it's outside my box a bit, but I absolutely love it. Think I should frame it instead of putting it in a book...

No comments: