Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Three Photos- Blog Hop

Welcome to my little spot in the blog world.  If you didn't arrive here from Becky's blog, please head to Amanda's blog to begin the hop.

When Amanda was looking for participants, I said, "Sure, I'll take any number." Turns out, I don't have a lot of pictures that lent themselves to a three-photo layout.

Also turns out not all layouts go as you envisioned. Neither are all layouts ones you love. This one didn't turn out as I originally envisioned, and I'm not entirely in love with it; very rarely do I scrap a picture that doesn't have a person in it, and I wonder if that's a reason I struggled in creating the layout. But the important thing is that I've scrapped the memory.

This layout is of the waterfalls we saw near Musining, MI.  My intent when we started that morning was to see as many of the falls and other sites on the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore as possible.  Well, that morning Annaliese fell on the trail and we had to take her back to the hotel and clean her up, which basically ate up the whole morning.  That, coupled with a 3 hour boat ride in the sun, meant we were too tired at the end of the day to drive/hike to see more than these.

I mounted one of the pictures on top of the brochure which describes how to get to the waterfalls in the area.  The page is designed in such a way that the brochure can be opened and descriptions read. 



To thank your for hopping on by, I'm putting together a bit of a prize-pack perfect for this time of year.  I've got a LYB chipboard haunted house album, and some Halloween papers (which will be bought this weekend at Archivers).  To enter in the drawing, simply leave a comment. I'll draw a winner on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by. Your next stop on the hop is with my great scrappy friend Devra, over at, "My Creative View"

13 comments:

Heather M said...

Great layout! I like how the brochure pulls out & the transparency paper on the left side.

Becky said...

Collen, I love this LO and I love the brochure! I would have never been able to tell it wasn't just patterned paper behind that photo! Great job.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you incorporated that brochure. So clever!

Steffanie said...

You're crazy, Colleen! I think this layout is gorgeous! I love the way you included the brochure. The zig-zag stitching around the border, the way you matted the photos, the overlay on the left, the pops of turquoise on the brown---I love it all!

Melinda said...

Fun layout! I love how the brochure can open up!

Tulip Scrapper said...

This is a really great layout Colleen! I love how you incorporated the brochure. Don't put me in the drawing, but I did want to tell you how much I enjoyed your layout!

Jen Foster said...

Gorgeous photos! I do a lot of 3-photo layouts. I have two DD's, so tend to capture the two together and then each separate. Your layout is beautiful!

Jordan said...

I love how you put the brochure on your LO. I didn't even notice it until you showed it expanded. Great job!

Moongirl said...

I think this is brilliant! I love how you used the brochure. I never know what to do with these. And I am in love with that blue cut out down the left side! So cool.

Devra said...

Love how you are able to use the brochure! Great idea!

DanaMK said...

Colleen, I really like your layout. I love the turquoise overlay - how pretty is that?! And I love how you mounted the one photo on the brochure. That's a brilliant idea! What a great way to use up memorabilia! I also really like the design of your page - it's one I plan on lifting.

Mandi said...

Great page. I love the hidden area.

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Very neat LO! Love how you used the pamphlet. Great idea!