Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Thought on Pre-Embellished Paper

There's a new thought up at Thinking*Through*Design, and this thought was a doozie for me.  I prefer to start with a clean canvas, not one that has embellished elements on it already.  For two days, I looked through pictures trying to find ones that went with the pre-embellished patterned paper I had.  Then I went and bought the Simple Stories Harvest Lane pack, thinking new paper would inspire, but I just continued to look through pictures.

Then I got a preview of the thought, and everything changed. I was trying to fit lots of pictures on the page, which after reading the thought, I learned isn't really a good idea.  Once I knew I was working with only one or two pictures, it was easy to find pictures that worked, especially when I found an inspiration layout.

The pictures and papers went on quickly, but after rereading the thought, I wanted to enhance the embellishments that came on the page. Stitching is one of the things I always think about using, so I stitched on the stems of the flowers and added buttons to the center.  This went from a page that I was cursing about in the beginning to a page I truly love.


No comments: