Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Themes

As I look back at the pictures taken over the course of Thanksgiving weekend, I noticed a few themes:

iPad.  I got one from work a couple weeks ago to use for my job, but a big benefit of that was being able to download some apps on it for the kids. Came in handy on the long car ride, but also for a bit of bonding time and showing family members all the wonders of technology.  They showed Oliver a Mickey app, Great Grandpa got a kick out of watching Ian play Jake (there was a comment from Grandma about how she remembers dial phones being a big deal), and Aunt Stephanie added some of the apps we mentioned to her iPad, which the kids then had to watch Owen play.
DSC_0443
DSC_0473
DSC_0432
  
Old Toys. I think it's kinda funny I follow something as new as the iPad up by telling about how much fun the kids had playing with toys Darrin and I played with as kids, or older yet, my aunts and uncles played with.  They found Darrin's old Nerf guns and had fun attacking everyone. Ian has become obsessed with my old Care Bears and Care Bear Cousins. They actually made the return trip home with us. Not to mention the Little People items the kids always play with at my parents' house.  As always, the first stop at my grandparents' house was the basement so Ian could retrieve the train my aunts and uncles played with- now held together with twist ties.  Most surprising to me was to find the Hot Wheels track all set up at Great Billie's. I remember lots of fun times playing with that as a kid, and tried so hard to find something like that for Ian when he was younger. They just don't make things like they used to.

DSC_0428

DSC_0441

DSC_0438

DSC_0464

DSC_0483


Teasing. Mostly from Uncle Brian or Darrin, but even Great Grandpa got in on the action.

DSC_0425

DSC_0412

DSC_0409

DSC_0476

DSC_0458edit

  

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I always enjoy your pictures especially since we do not get to see you often. I will copy some of them for my folks to show to their friends. Thank you

Cara said...

Love that Ian is loving all those Care Bears just like his Auntie ;)