Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

December Daily/Advent 1

Last year for Advent we did an activity a day. I loved doing that with the kids, so we continued it this year as well.  In the scrapbooking world, there is something called a December Daily. It is a scrapbook just for the month of December.  I'd never done one before, but after all the pictures I took last year of our activities, I thought this year would be the perfect year to start. So, photos of advent may not be as timely as they were last year, as I'm trying to post both photos and the layout.

Advent Activity for December First: Decorate for Christmas
As always, Ian was super excited to dig through the ornaments. He always goes for his favorite one, the ice cream truck that plays Jingle Bells.  Ian and Annaliese pretty much decorated the entire tree themselves, and you could totally tell as all the ornaments were grouped together and all at their eye level. Darrin and I had to go back through and disperse some of them to the top and bottom of the tree, as well as the back.

Once the tree was done, Ian was done decorating; he wanted to focus on Angry Birds Star Wars instead.  Annaliese was still all about helping, though.  I finally finished the tree skirt this year that I had fabric for since 2004ish.  With the new skirt, we needed a new tree topper, so she was the lucky one to put it up.

She was super excited for the stockings, too.  I think what excited her the most was the snowman holder; she'd cradle it in her arms like a baby. It was too cute!

DSC_0528edit
DSC_0532edit
DSC_0534edit

DSC_0542edit

DSC_0545edit

DSC_0546edit

DSC_0548edit
DSC_0553edit

And here's my December Daily. I'm using a Sn@p album from Simple Stories, combining the red papers and page protectors included with some of the Handmade Holiday Sn@p journaling pages.  Pretty simple two-tone cover, which I love. The snowflake is from Michaels, which I painted and then spayed with glitter spray paint.  The title letters are, of course, Thickers by American Crafts.  Snowflake on the spine is Maya Road.

DSC_0374edit

And here's the spread for today. Everything is Simple Stories but the wood veneer tree, which is from Studio Calico.

day 1 final



One day down... lots more to go. I wonder how far behind I'll get :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great day - love your tree skirt and the layout.