Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Layout | Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes

It's been a few weeks, but I played along again for the challenge this week at CSI. Here was the case they presented us with:



And here's how I interpreted it:

The evidence was to use a grid pattern, so deciding how to arrange the photos was fairly easy. I sanded the ends of them to have them stand out a bit.  The paper behind the photos has texture (another evidence item).  I incorporated the colors through the strips of paper, all of which I had in my stash. 

I had a light bulb moment when I realized the background paper already had lines on it, so I just outlined the journal space with jute (evidence) and wrote write on the paper. Added a few metal swirls to create a visual triangle, and I was all done. 

For the testimony, I chose a journal jar prompt about an outstanding family vacation. This was our first stop on our first-ever out-of-state family vacation, and it was outstanding... for all the wrong reasons.  The journaling reads:
  "Why the sand dune climb in Sleeping Bear Ntl Lakeshore is a tourist attraction is beyond me.  It doesn't look very daunting when you drive up, but then your feet touch the sand and you realize how hot it is.  It only took about 10 steps up before Annaliese was begging to be carried. Darrin carried her, and both he and I, with the shifting sand creating an intense workout, had to stop every 10 steps or so. Ian would run ahead, unaffected, then sit and wait. We never made it to the top. We gave up and decided to find a beach instead." 


Sketch: Scrapbook Generation
Patterned Paper: Authentique, My Mind's Eye, We R Memory Keepers
Cardstock: BazzilllTwine: Teresa Collins
Alphas: American Craft ThickersMetal swirls: Paper Studio
Stickers: October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye
Brads: Fancy Pants,



1 comment:

Laurie said...

Love your journaling! And I like how you used the base paper.