Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Layout | It's a Bird... It's a Plane...

No... it's LEGOS!

The kids and I spent one morning of spring break earlier this year at our botanical gardens. They had 14 Lego sculptures on display.  It was amazing how they created such realistic looking figures out of squares and rectangles.  I was able to get a picture of every sculpture on this layout, plus the brochure that went into detail about each sculpture and how many Legos were used it the creation of each.  Because the pictures are so busy, I kept everything else pretty simple.


I was inspired to create this layout based on the challenge at Child's Play Challenges. This week it's Pete's Dragon. Pete is an cartoon dragon in a real world, which reminded me of these "cartoon" sculptures trying to appear real in the real world. 









2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jack is sitting with me and says "aww! no fair!" - wish they would come to our town :)

Laurie said...

Wow! Those are awesome photos and sculptures! And that's wonderful that you were able to get them all on one layout.