Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

2014 Week Three | January 13-19

This past week was exhausting.  I had early meetings 3/5 days this week, and was busy with something every night after work but Friday. Because of that, most of the pictures for this week-in-review come from the weekend.  It's a three-day weekend, so plenty of time to recoup my sleep.

Here's what happened this week:
My office, a place a barely saw this week because I was busy at schools. And when I did, I made a trek.

By the time Friday night rolled around, I was exhausted, so we went out to Red Robin for dinner.  Both kids started out on my side of the booth, and by the time dinner was done, they were on Darrin's side.  If you are going to RR anytime soon, might I suggest the sweet potato fries. They're the best I've ever had.
Saturday was PJ day.  Here, Ian's helping Annaliese on her Innotab. Later, they were practically in the same position, and they were reading their magazine together.  They are each others best friend.
Saturday Darrin installed my tablet shelf he gave me for Christmas.  It frees up much needed counter space and works beautifully... if you're my height. Darrin's too tall and it cuts the top off when sitting vertically.

Saturday it was 63 degrees in January. Unheard of.  Perfect weather for taking down the Christmas lights.  Ian went up in November to put them up with Darrin and never moved from the spot Darrin told him to sit; he was terrified. I walked outside and heard Darrin telling someone to be careful. I figured it wasn't Ian, and yelled up, with astonishment and fear, "You have Annaliese up there!?!?!" She was walking around up there, fearless. Darrin told her to sit so I could snap a picture and she said, "But that's boring!"
When she safely got down, she went for a bike ride.
Then we went for a family walk on the trails behind the houses that are across the street from us.  We've lived here nine years, and this is the first time Darrin and the kids have been back there. I've been running/walking back there when the weather's nice for about a year.
The frozen creek bed. The only sign of winter on the 60+ temp day.
Ian had fun running the trails and jumping off the hills. We saw many bicyclists, and he decided he wants to learn to ride his bike without training wheels so he can ride back there.
King and Queen of the mountain
Annaliese and Darrin headed home, while Ian and I stayed out to explore longer.  I was going to snap a shot of him walking from behind, but he turned in time and posed for me.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pics! We love Red Robin after a busy week too :)
Wish we'd gotten your warm snap today, but it was 30 and windy here!

Moneik said...

We had the warm weather on Sunday. It was so nice to have a break in the weather. Friday night is usually our family date night, we're both exhausted from the week and all the leftovers are gone.