Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 Week Two | Jan. 6 - Jan. 12

This week winter break ended and school started again, and boy, was that rough to get used to. By Friday, it was practically impossible to wake the kids. They were definitely not happy campers in the morning.  They did both sleep in this weekend, which means Darrin and I did as well.

Some pictures you won't see below, but that I should have gotten, are of the storage area in our basement.  Sorting through nine years' worth of stuff in there was my goal for this weekend, and I'm fairly impressed with myself that I stuck with it.  Unearthed some treasures (letters I wrote Darrin while we lived apart during college) and created quite the pile for Goodwill and Best Buy (which I learned recycles most small electronics).  Hopefully next weekend I'll tackle another room (or two!) in my effort to purge and organize in the new year.

Here's what else happened this week:
Confession: this actually happened last week, but I forgot to pull the image from Darrin's cell.  Ian earned his first stripe on his ju jit su belt thanks to the great report card he brought home. 

The picture on the left was the temp on Monday when I woke up.  The image on the right is on Sunday night. Quite a temp change in a week, and that doesn't take into account how cold it felt like on Monday.
The kids killing time before Friday night game night playing a friendly game of catch.
We played a couple rounds of UNO Attack on Friday Night Game Night, and then I introduced the boys to Skip-Bo.  It was too long of a game, and too involved for Annaliese to play with us, though.  We decided if we play again, we'd reduce the starting size of the stock pile. 
The picture quality on this isn't great, but the sandwich sure was yummy. Trying a new recipe each week. This week was an Italian Beef Sandwich which cooked in my crock pot all day.
One of my stops while errand running today.  It will probably be the last time I ever walk into an Archiver's, as they are going out of business in February.  Already, just about 10 days after announcing the close, much of the items I wanted to get were gone. 



While I was out errand running, everyone else played outside for a bit.  Yeah, I know the picture quality is bad, but the picture captures the fact that it's the middle of January and there's no snow on the ground here, and it was warm enough to play some football outside. 

This happened on Saturday, too.  Annaliese LOVES her jammies that look like a princess dress, and is always dancing in them.  Usually she just spins by herself (and sings songs from Frozen at the top of her lungs), but this time she convinced Ian to dance with her. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The video is too cute! It looks like they are great friends :)

Stephanie Burke said...

I hope I am able to get a video of my kids dancing together like that someday. How adorable!