Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Layout | Toy Story Birthday

The new challenge up at Child's Play Challenges uses a slinky for inspiration.  I never had one as a kid, at least that I remember, and my kids have a cheap, plastic one that doesn't work very well. The one slinky I can recall, though, is the slinky-dog in the movie Toy Story.  And I just so happen to have pictures from a Toy Story birthday party a few years ago that I hadn't scrapped yet.


I had a lot of pictures I wanted to include on this layout, and Scrapbook Generation came to my rescue. I love their sketches, and this one was inspired by one in their Sketch Magic book.  This has to be the easiest layout to assemble I've ever done.  The layout is a combination of of photos and Simple Stories 4x6 and 6x12 cards.  After they were all down on the paper, it was just a bit of embellishing and some journaling, and it was all done.


Supplies:
Sketch: Scrapbook Generation
Paper, letter stickers, : Simple Stories
Washi: Queen & Co.
Brads: Paper Studio
Wood Veneer:  Basic Grey (quote bracket), Studio Calico (sunburst, 4)
Banner: American Crafts