Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2014 Week Thirty-Five | August 25 - August 31

Trying to play catch-up...

He's been reading this book, one of my favorites from my childhood, every free moment he gets.  Heck with Legos, the pool, or any other toys. If he's not playing his video game, he's reading The Trolley Car Family.  

Annaliese learned to ride without training wheels this week.  She couldn't make it in a full circle in our driveway, and couldn't start or stop, but she was maintaining her balance on the straight stretches. Amazing to me for a 4-year-old. 

There were very few moments this week when the sun actually shined... 

Darrin and I had been talking about trying some different pizzas for awhile, and this one was definitely a hit- BBQ pulled pork with diced apples and smoked Gouda cheese.  I think next time, I'll cook the apples a bit to soften them up and add some caramelized onions. But this was soooo yummy like this. 

Grabbed some lunch after church at Firehouse Subs.  First time for the kids.  They both loved the hats they got, and, well, Ian loved his sandwich.  


Brought home the game Bananagrams from work. Everyone pulls a tiles from a center pile and works to make their own crossword, using all their tiles.  Darrin ended up dominating, and neither of them ended up loving it as much as I do. 

Annaliese came home from school with her hair like this and I had to do a double-take.  I can't touch her hair without a huge battle, but apparently Mr. George at school can.  He said she was complaining about being hot while outside and offered to braid it.  Wish my skills were as good as his.  

No comments: