Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Layout | I Loved You First

I subscribe to Ali Edwards's story kits, and the first kit I received was aptly titled, "Firsts."  With every kit, we get a large, plastic word. I love them, and because of that, have told myself I have to use them on the "perfect" layout.  What a better way to use my first word than to share the story of the "Love you" game Annaliese and I often play.


The background paper in this layout is from 2009. Apparently it was just waiting for the perfect layout to come along, because the minute I saw it, I knew it would be the one I used.  The big blue heart was in one of the other kits from Ali, and it was also perfect for this theme so aqua became a color I tried to tie in with the pinks/reds and black.  The journaling reads: 

"Mommy, let's play the I love you game."
"OK, Annaliese, I love you." 
"I love you more."
"I love you to the moon and back, Annaliese."
"I love YOU to the moon and back, Mommy."
"I love you to infinity and beyond, Annaliese."
"I love YOU to infinity and beyond, Mommy."
"Well, babe, that may be true, but I loved you first. Before anyone knew about you, I did, and I loved you instantly."
"I loved you second, Mommy."
"OK, sweetie, time for bed."


Plastic title and heart, chipboard phrases and hearts: Ali Edwards
Patterned paper: Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye
Alpha Letters: American Crafts
Wood Veneer: Elle's Studio, Lawn Fawn
Journal Card: Elle's Studio
Doilies: Recollections

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sweet page and very sweet game!