Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

2015 Week Sixteen | April 13 - 19

Often, they spend many mornings in their own rooms, doing their own things (Ian-reading, Annaliese-playing). But some mornings, when I step out of the shower, I can hear them playing and imagining together and it brings such a smile to my face. They are each other's best friends, even if they won't admit it. 
First spring in the new house and I welcomed it by putting window boxes on the front porch railing. I failed to water them before we left for vacation, though, and now I'm crossing my fingers the flowers rebound, because some are pretty brown... 

Ian had his scarf ceremony on Friday night. He moved from a wolf to a bear in cub scouts. You can tell we don't deal with flames much here; he struggled to light the candles. 

Darrin went on stage with him to give him his badges. When all was said and done, the yellow scarf was gone and a light blue one in its place.  


We joined the public library in our new hometown this week. Not sure why we waited so long. We shouldn't have waited so long because Ian is going through his books from there like crazy. Now that we're a few months away from this, I can say that we usually go every Saturday, Ian checking out 5 or 6 books, and having most of them read before we go again the following week. 

No comments: