Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Summer Layouts

Nearly two months seems like a long enough hiatus... In late June, I caught up on project life through week 26 (even if not here on the blog), and then I lived summer with my kids; swimming in our pool, near daily trips to the library, bike rides to the park. It was the most relaxing and wonderful summer we've ever had. At the end of summer, while the kids spent a week with their grandparents, I flew out to Portland to spend time with friend scrapbooking. I had gone two years ago, and was so thankful to be able to make the trip again. Here are a few of the pages I was able to finish between laughing, eating, and chatting.

 I knew the minute she said this and I snapped the picture that I'd be scrapping this moment. I'm not sure she's ever been more right.




The opening page for our family vacation. The route we took each day is a different color of embroidery floss, with a corresponding color-coded key. The stars indicate stops on our trip. The large "go" is from one of Ali Edwards story kits- I stamped it with staz on and embossed it to get the aged wire look. 




 One of the story prompts for Ali Edwars story kits was roots, I used products from that kit and others to create this layout about the house I grew up in. One of my friends allowed me to steal some of her patterned paper, and the state one was perfect for this layout.



 This layout was inspired by this layout I first saw in the gallery for the story kits. I used many supplies to tell the story of July 8. I plan on doing one each season- I think back to summers before we moved to this house and how different they were. Wish I would have capture what they looked like.

 This final layout was one of the stops on our vacation- Enger Park.






1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love the pages you put together and how fun to be able to spend some retreat time with friends to do so!