Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

2015 Week Thirty | July 20 - July 26

Time for catch-up. The year is nearly over (gulp!). I've got the first half of the year all wrapped up, and the second half is very lacking. That's the goal before December rolls around and I'm knee deep in our advent activities.

Week Thirty. It sunk in this week how close to over summer was and how much I hadn't accomplished yet in my to-do list. Accomplishing the to-do list swung into full gear.
I hung my first load of laundry on the line this week... and realized what I had for a line wouldn't work. A week later we installed four lines and got rid of these retractable ones. 
After a long weekend, she fell asleep late Monday afternoon in her bed after getting sent to her room. Tried to get her up for dinner, and all she did was yell at me every time I tried and rolled over. She woke up right as Darrin and I were going to bed and was wondering what was going on. 
Darrin was gone for most of this week at a conference. It was weird to see my lone toothbrush in our holder. And, knowing my love for pictures, Darrin snapped one of the sun setting during his flight. 
That to-do list I mentioned at the beginning, I checked one off and organized all the pictures my parents gave me. They're back in boxes waiting for them to visit so I can get the stories, but they're at least organized now by topic. 
This week the library presentation was a folk singer who played seven different instruments and sang songs from the different ethnic groups that have settled Nebraska. 
Shortly after Darrin returned, we headed to Iowa to visit my family. The kids always have such fun with Great Billie. 
And while there, we stopped by Steak and Shake, where Annaliese and I shared a shake and water. She thought it was awesome sharing it with me like this. 

No comments: