Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Does it have to end?

This weekend was FANTASTIC, and as the hours of Sunday are quickly slipping away, I just wish I could have a few more days like this weekend.

The weather for Halloween on Friday night couldn't have been better for Ian's first trick-or-treating experience (it was about 60 out). Noah, Marlena, and Sara came over for supper, and then Darrin and I took Ian trick-or-treating while they stayed back at our house to hand out the candy. Ian was a moose this year. Mom and Dad bought the brown fleece outfit when they were here last and I sewed the antlers on. We went to about 6 houses on our street. He wasn't quite sure what to think, but he definitely figured out by the end that you're supposed to grab some candy and put it in your basket. At one house, Ian was concentrating on walking up the stairs and didn't realize that at the top was a man in a 'scream' outfit. Once he glimpsed him, Ian started backing down the stairs until the man stuck out the candy bowl. Ian was right back up those stairs- and that was the only person Ian said thank you to the whole night. The camera crew was ready back at our place and captured Ian's expression as the door opened. Once inside, Ian proceeded to take every piece of candy we had to hand out and put it in his basket.
Saturday I headed over to Marlena's house for quilt Saturday. I brought my Shadow Play Ocean Waves to work on, and it was nearly effortless sewing on my Janome compared to my Bernette. It is no longer frustrating to work on; I'm just amazed at how much better sewing on this machine is. I go all my half-triangle purple squares done while I was there. Now I'm in the process of squaring them up and trimming those darn little triangles off.
I left at 3:00 to meet with my bookclub from work. We only read books that are coming out as a movie. So far we've done P.S. I Love You and Nights of Rodanthe. This time it was Secret Life of Bees. Of the three we've done, this one stuck the closest to the book, and so was the most enjoyable to me. I loved the other two books, and probably would have enjoyed the movies if I hadn't read the books, but the movies just didn't compare. If you haven't seen it- go, or at least rent it when it comes out.

Today's weather continued being great, and after watching the Packers lose a close one to Tennesse, we headed outside to work in the yard. Of course, before we could work, Ian had to play in the leaves. He brought quite a few back inside the house attached to and inside his diaper (poor guy).

Thank goodness for our mulching lawn mower; after Ian's fun Darrin just mowed the lawn while I dug up my calla lily bulbs and planted some tulips that will hopefully come up in the spring. Ian helped me make apple-snicker salad for supper tonight, and got to lick the spatula when we were finished.

No comments: