Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Break in the Action

Life's been busy, what can I say. There's been little time to post, much less do anything else I really enjoy. The posts would mainly all be about school, anyway, because the school year has started up and the time I'm home is now filled with Ian while he's awake, and working on lesson plans, grading papers, and writing IEPs when he's asleep. We've been in school for 4 weeks now, and I think things are starting to work themselves out and I finally have things in order enough to take some time out for myself and update everyone on our lives.

We went home to see our parents Labor Day weekend. First time Darrin had been home since spring break in April. Darrin's parents had a fish fry and we took my dad to see The Dark Knight (mom had to work). It was such a relaxing weekend. I didn't touch a computer the whole time I was there. I did try to trim Ian's hair around his ears. I did such a terrible job my sister took the shears to it and gave him a summer haircut just in time for the weather to turn fall-like. It took a few days to get used to, but I love it now, and the best part is I don't have to worry about getting him a haircut for a long time now.

This past weekend it was rainy and cool here; perfect quilting weather. I made some progress on my Shadow Play Ocean Waves quilt, getting all the green/tan center strips completed. Now I just need to sew the big triangles on. I've got only 4 of those done, but at least it's a start. I'm glad there's a bunch of colors in the quilt, because these tans look a bit funny together. I'll be able to play with it more. This weekend is Quilting Sunday so I'll be able to make more progress.

That's really about it from here. Work will be interesting this year. I love my 4th graders. I had them last year in 3rd grade, so they're used to me and we picked up right where we left out. Still working on the relationships with the 3rd graders and trying to determine exactly what each needs to be the best student. They're a very interesting bunch- and there's only 4 of them. I'm sure by May I'll love 'em like I love my 4th graders.

Darrin's busy working on a school project for me, too. He always sits at home and programs at night (even though he does it all day long at work!). I decided if he was going to do that, might as well program something I can use for school, so he's making something to help my students with sight words. Can't wait for that to be done, except for I promised a batch of cookies when he finished...

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love the hair cut! He's just getting cuter by the day!
Regina

Regina said...

Awesome haircut -my little guy cries terribly when we cut his hair -

Love that quilt block, too!!!